Monday 22 November 2010

Yorkshire Sculpture Park

I visited Yorkshire Sculpture Park a couple of weeks ago and honestly, I'm not really into sculpture but it was refreshing just to get outside and explore rather than be stuck in a stuffy gallery! I love how the weather wears the sculptures and gives them a rough texture, so over many years the sculpture will evolve and take on a new appearance.

Red Column by David Nash



Henry Moore

Flower by Masayuki Koorida

I know this isn't a sculpture but I think this building is beautiful, especially surrounded by all the autumn leaves.

I discovered this well in the middle of a forest within the Park, its so enchanting and intriguing, like from a fairytale.


Like I said before, I'm not a sculpture geek, but I think these pictures turned out pretty good, considering I'm a complete amateur when it comes to photography. I think thats due to the gorgeous autumn colours I was surrounded by rather my camera skills though!
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend
xxx

1 comment:

  1. ou, I very like UR blog :*
    is very nice and cute !
    UR notes are very interesting :)
    more more more more !!


    follow me and write comment if you want ;**

    Martienn.

    ReplyDelete