Friday 18 February 2011

First Uni Project: White Architecture

So I know it's been like forever since I've posted on here and the truth is; whilst I have been super busy, I've also had no motivation and no inspiration to post anything because I've been so preoccupied. And I'd rather not post at all than post crap.
I've recently finished my first major uni assignment, and let me tell you, I think I partied a little too hard during my first term because I was kinda disorganised towards of the end of the project and I got to the point where I was so sick of the project that I didnt really care what grades I got as long as I passed. So I'm super happy that this initial project is out of the way because I learnt so much from what is expected of me as a uni student. I absolutely love my course (which is fashion design in case you were wondering) but it is bloody hard work so if you're a prospective uni student and thinking of applying for fashion design, don't think it's all glamour and nice clothes. I know countless designers and big-wigs in the fashion industry have already said this but you have to work your bollocks off to get anywhere, you have to really put the time in and put yourself out there which is terrifying. But it is so worth it once you've produced something you're proud of.
I feel super lucky to have even got on the course in the first place so I'm determined to stay focused on what I want to get out of it. I think any one of you could apply this to your studies no matter what your degree is.

Anyway enough chattering, here's some pictures of my final dress which was inspired by architecture:




Feel free to leave a comment telling me your honest opinion

Hope everyone is happy & healthy

Amy Jean
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment